Saturday 28 August 2010

My Latest Creative 'Kit'


Well it's arrived - I promised myself I'd buy a proper easel so I could work on my large drawings more easily.  I've never had one before, and it was an extravagance, but I raided my piggy bank to order it.  After all, if I want to seriously get back into my artwork, then I need the tools to do it, and my previous working practices just ended in disaster.  In order to avoid future damage to the carpet, it's currently based in the kitchen, where charcoal and pastel dust can be easily swept away.  I won't be leaving it there permanently, but because it's on castors to push it out of the way, and can also be folded for storage, I can remove it fairly easily when I'm not using it.  Just as well really, as the kids are already trying to use it as a climbing frame! The one I chose in the end was a Winsor and Newton Welland Studio Easel - a large and sturdy affair which I thought would suit my needs well.  It came ready assembled so it was easy to set up.  I'm very pleased with it so far, and have already used it to finish off my latest drawing, which I'll reveal in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment