Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Gallery: Icy Branches


I've always been inspired by trees - I think my favourites are beech, oak, silver birch and willow, but I'm really not fussy.  I live in an area of lots of tree-lined roads with large mature trees all around and I often rush out with my camera having spotted something on my way home (effects of light through the trees especially) that I want to capture.  I'm keen now to start developing something from some of these photographs, and have been experimenting so far with mixed media. I'm itching to do more...

In the meantime I thought I'd include one of those photographs I dashed out to take a month or two ago in the snow. I think I should have tweaked the depth of field because the focus is a bit dodgy, but I'm ashamed to say that I tend to be lazy and hardly ever switch the camera to manual. 

Those cold sparkly days which make the branches of the trees look like lace are just so beautiful.

(This post was prompted by The Gallery: Trees over at Sticky Fingers)

1 comment: